If you have recently suffered an auto or work injury or even surgery, a Fort Collins medical massage can help you recover faster. Medical massage is quite different from a regular massage. Although they both relax the body and stimulate blood circulation, a medical massage is usually prescribed for specific illnesses or injuries. To get one, you don’t have to have a doctor’s prescription, but if you do, your insurance may cover the expense. Massages are meant to complement the treatment that the doctor has already administered.
Apart from treating injuries, medical massages can be prescribed for conditions that affect productivity. There are many published benefits of massage. For example, if you suffer headaches or backaches that are affecting your work performance, your doctor can prescribe a medical massage to take care of these particular conditions. Many health insurance companies include this kind of massage therapy so you don’t have to worry about paying for your Fort Collins medical massage.
There are many kinds of massage therapies and all of them can be considered therapeutic depending on what illness or injury they are aiming to cure. A Swedish massage, for instance, is a great way to alleviate stress and relax. If you are so stressed that you cannot function optimally at work, your doctor may prescribe that in addition to stress relieving medication you should receive a medical massage. Deep tissue massage is another excellent example. If you have been injured at the workplace or in a car accident, your injuries will be treated in hospital and the doctor may issue you a prescription for a deep tissue massage to help loosen muscles and improve circulation. In addition to healing, medical massages have additional benefits.
- They stimulate the lymphatic system for better health.
- Massages stimulate delta waves which are responsible for how well you sleep. Having a few massages a week will help you sleep better.
- Massages will boost your immune system because they strengthen your white blood cells which are responsible for fighting off disease.
- Do you suffer PMS? Good news; new studies have shown that women who have regular massages experience very little PMS discomfort.
- If you have been fighting to stay alert, a Fort Collins medical massage can help you with that. Research shows that adults who are given a fifteen minute massage do better in a series of math questions than those who don’t get the massage.
- If your face has been looking rather (dare I say it) drab lately, a medical massage might be just the thing or you. Because massage will increases blood flow and amassage will help plump your facial skin to where it needs to be.
- If you suffer indigestion frequently, ask your doctor to write you a prescription for a Fort Collins medical massage and you will become more regular and your insurance may cover the expense.
A Fort Collins medical massage may be just the thing to get those who may have suffered an auto or work injury or even surgery get back to enjoying life by experiencing a full recovery.